- Son of an Italian immigrant.
- Native New Yorker.
- University Honors Scholar in cinema studies (NYU). Internship at The Museum of the Moving Image.
- Husband of a wonderful woman, Denise, a pre- and elementary-school teacher for years, now in the real estate game. Seventeen years together and she’s not sick of me yet. Yet.
- Britcom fanatic.
- Once had Rambo for a boss.
- Tried really hard to get David Letterman to be my boss.
- Briefly the humor editor for Reader’s Digest, which was not as funny as it sounds. In fact, it doesn’t even sound that funny. Forget I mentioned it.
- Have held virtually every editorial title there is—content editor, Web editor, copy chief/editor, managing editor, writer—for a wide variety of magazines, websites, newspapers, and book publishers, including Time, Discover, Individual Investor, Men’s Fitness, Scholastic Inc., First Things, Commentary, the HistoryChannel.com, Beliefnet.com, Facts On File, and the Wall Street Journal.
- Have Neil Simon’s autograph and a signed letter from Snoopy.
- Wrote a lot about religion between the years 2006 and 2016, which can be found at Simul Jocular et Peccator.
Nothing is real until it’s virtual. Herein lies the hope of
“something more,” a pitiful transcendence.
—Me, in 2018