- Son of an Italian immigrant.
- Native New Yorker.
- Product of 12 years of Lutheran parochial schools, so blame them.
- University Honors Scholar in cinema studies (NYU). Internship at The Museum of the Moving Image.
- Husband to Denise, a Realtor. Twenty years together and she’s not sick of me yet. Yet.
- Britcom fanatic.
- Once had Rambo for a boss.
- Tried really hard to get David Letterman to be my boss.
- Briefly the humor editor for Reader’s Digest, which is not as funny as it sounds. In fact, it doesn’t even sound that funny. Forget I mentioned it.
- Have held virtually every editorial title there is—senior editor, Web editor, copy chief, managing editor, production editor, writer—for a wide variety of magazines, websites, newspapers, and book publishers, including Time, Discover, Individual Investor, Men’s Fitness, First Things, Commentary, the HistoryChannel.com, Beliefnet.com, and the Wall Street Journal.
- Have autographs from Neil Simon, James Coco, Danny Aiello, Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, Roy Scheider, Phil Esposito, and a signed letter from Snoopy.
“Any man can be 62, but it takes a bus to be 62A.”
—Spike Milligan (1918–2002)