- Son of an Italian immigrant.
- Native New Yorker.
- Baptized, confirmed LCMS Lutheran. 12 years LCMS Lutheran parochial schools. So…their fault.
- University Honors Scholar in cinema studies (NYU). Internship at The Museum of the Moving Image.
- Husband to Denise, a Realtor. Twenty years together and she’s not sick of me yet. Yet.
- Britcom, 70s cinema, Corner Gas fanatic.
- Once had Rambo for a boss.
- Tried really hard to get David Letterman to be my boss.
- Briefly the humor editor for Reader’s Digest, which is not as funny as it sounds. In fact, it doesn’t even sound that funny. Forget I mentioned it.
- Have held virtually every editorial title there is—senior editor, Web editor, copy chief, managing editor, production editor, writer—for a wide variety of magazines, websites, newspapers, and book publishers, including Time, Discover, Individual Investor, Men’s Fitness, CBS Watch, First Things, Commentary, the HistoryChannel.com, Beliefnet.com, Modern Age, and the Wall Street Journal.
- Have autographs from Neil Simon, James Coco, Danny Aiello, Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, Roy Scheider, Phil Esposito, and a signed letter from Snoopy.
“Any man can be 62, but it takes a bus to be 62A.”
—Spike Milligan (1918–2002)