BBC Publishes ‘Greatest 101 Questions of All Time’ — No. 67: ‘Why?’

MagazineFocusFront

First of all, who knew the BBC had a magazine?

Second, is “What is OK short for?” really one of the 101 Greatest Questions of All Time? (That may, in fact, have been question No. 102.)

I only hope they included what I consider the greatest question of all time:

Why would someone leave a cake out in the rain, especially when it took so long to bake it, and you know you’ll never have that recipe again?

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Read This Here. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to BBC Publishes ‘Greatest 101 Questions of All Time’ — No. 67: ‘Why?’

1. Sally Thomas says:

Well, what about “Who put the bop in the bop she bop she bop, who put the ram in the ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong?”

How can “why” be such a great question, when we all know that the answer is “because?”

• Anthony Sacramone says:

Truer words have never been spoken.
      Well, maybe they have, but I didn’t hear them, what with my noise-canceling headphones …

2. TV says:

Great, thanks a lot. One guess as to what song is now stuck in my brain. Oh, yeah. Terrific.

3. Sally Thomas says:

Well, which song? You could have a medley.

“Whooooo was that maaaaaaan?
    I’d like to shake his haaaaaand
    ‘Cause someone left the cake out in the rain . . . ”

Wow. It even scans.

4. Sally Thomas says:

And now I really must tear myself away and continue writing the cheerful article on euthanasia which I have sentenced myself to write. Work work work.

Alternatively, I could go inspect this hole my kids are digging in the yard. They keep coming in to ask me to come look at the “bunker,” and I’m just afraid to. I’m beginning to think that maybe it was not so smart of me to say, around noon, “Yeah, sure, you can get out the shovels . . . ”

So, tell me: Who put the bop . . .

5. Sally Thomas says:

It can’t be for me. I have to cook the dinner. But it really is a pretty impressive hole: about 3 feet by 4 feet by . . . about knee-deep to an 11-year-old?

I was wanting to dig a frog pond back there. Now I won’t have to. All I have to do is sit back and wait for them to get tired of the bunker.

6. Sally Thomas says:

Oh. Sorry. Worked for me. It was about a feng shui Macdonalds.

Back to my Lenten discipline of not commenting on blogs. No no no.